Through this software product, SMSit2me provides its users with a variety of tools and resources (including our website(s)) to enable them to collect visitor mobile numbers and to create, launch, and manage online SMS campaigns (the "Services").
Please read this Agreement carefully before proceeding with any use of our website or the Services. By checking the "I have read and agree to the SMSit Agreement. I accept these terms and conditions" box on the Sign Up page or after logging in for the first time, you accept and agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you do not accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please exit this website and cease using the Services immediately.
1. Services and Support
- By posting updated versions of the Agreement on the SMSit website, or otherwise providing notice to you, SMSit may modify the terms of this Agreement and may discontinue or revise any or all other aspects of the Services at its sole discretion. All such changes shall become effective upon posting of the revised Agreement on the SMSit website. It is your responsibility to review the Terms of Service from time to time if they have changed. Your continued use of the Services will constitute your acceptance of any variations to the Agreement. If you elect to discontinue using the Services due to any changes to the Agreement made under this section 1.1, you will be entitled to a refund for any unused, prepaid amounts for the Services
- The Services are available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Services are not available to individuals under the age of 18. If you do not qualify, your use of the Services is expressly prohibited.
- The Services enable corporate, small business and community clients to collect, upload, store and access their customer and lead contact data, and to develop and execute SPAM and privacy compliant SMS communications with these contacts.
- Both the number of SMS messages sent and the number of characters of data transferred are metered by SMSit. Normal SMSit accounts allow you to send an unlimited number of SMS messages. The maximum character count for each message can be no more than 612 characters, being 4 concatenated SMS messages. One SMS message is 160 characters.
- ALL MONIES PAID TO SMSit FOR THE SERVICES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Payment for Services must be made in advance by a valid credit card accepted by SMSit, unless other payment arrangements have been made between you and an authorised SMSit representative. You hereby authorise SMSit to deduct funds from your pre-paid balance when you use the Services. If SMSit is for any reason unable to effect automatic payment via your credit card, you will be notified via email.
- All SMS delivery prices are subject to change at any time, at SMSit's sole discretion. You are responsible for reviewing the Pricing Schedule from time to time and for remaining aware of the fees charged by SMSit for the Services.
- There is an automatic pre-paid balance expiry & forfeit for client accounts where the services have not been used for a period of 12 months. The last usage of the services is determined by the most recent record on the user accounts 'Billing' page ledger or the most recent 'Last Activity' date as per SMSit admin records. For the avoidance of doubt, if a user logs in and sends one SMS every 364 days, the pre-paid balance will never expire.
- You must complete the registration form on the signup page in order to use the Services. You will provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as requested in the registration form. As part of the registration process, you will identify a mobile number, username and password for your SMSit account. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, username, passwords, and files and for all uses of your account and of the Services in your name. SMSit reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel accounts it deems inappropriate.
- It is understood that SMSit makes no guarantee that SMS messages will be rendered properly on all recipients’ mobile phones, due to the wide variety of mobile phones available. SMSit makes every reasonable attempt to make sure that all SMS messages sent through our servers follow global SMS standards.
2. Restrictions and Responsibilities
- This is an Agreement for the Services, and you are not granted a licence to any software under this Agreement (except to the extent required for you to use the Services). Except to the extent that applicable laws prevent SMSit from doing so, you will not, directly or indirectly: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code, or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of, or found at or through the Services or any software, documentation, or data related to the Services (“Software”); remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Services or any Software; reproduce or copy the Software or the Services or any part thereof; modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Services or any Software; or copy, distribute, pledge, assign, or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the Services or any Software. The Services shall be used for your internal business (which includes civic or charitable) purposes only and you shall not use the Services or any Software for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the benefit of a third party. If you are using the Services in any country in the European Community or Australia, the prohibition against modifying, translating, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or creating derivative works based on the Services or the Software does not affect your rights under any legislation implementing the E.C. Council Directive on the Legal Protection of Computer Programs or the Australian Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- You acknowledge and agree that the Services, the Software, the SMSit company names and logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans, and all other material comprising the Software or the Services, are the property of SMSit or its affiliates or suppliers (collectively, the “Marks”). Unless stated otherwise, all Marks are protected as the copyright, trade dress, trademarks and/ or other intellectual properties are owned by SMSit or by other parties that have licensed their material to SMSit. You are not authorised to use any of the Marks in any advertising, publicity or any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of SMSit. Your use of the Services confers no title or ownership in the Services, the Software or the Marks and is not a sale of any rights in the Services, the Software or the Marks. All ownership rights remain in SMSit or its third party suppliers, as the case may be.
- You represent, covenant, and warrant that you will use the Services only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable laws (including but not limited to policies and laws related to spamming, privacy, obscenity, or defamation). You agree that you will not access or otherwise use third party contact lists in connection with preparing or distributing unsolicited messaging to any third party. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless SMSit against any damages, losses, liabilities, settlements, and expenses (including without limitation costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim or action that arises from an alleged violation of the foregoing or otherwise arising from or relating to your use of the Services. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of any and all SMS messages sent using the Services. Although SMSit has no obligation to monitor the content provided by you or your use of the Services, SMSit may do so and may remove any such content or prohibit any use of the Services it believes may be (or is alleged to be) in violation of the foregoing.
- The Services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission or solicitation of any material that violates Australian or other laws that may apply in your local area is prohibited. This may include material that is obscene, threatening, harassing, libelous, or in any way a violation of intellectual property laws or a third party’s intellectual property rights.
- In using the varied features of the Services, you may provide information (such as name, contact information, or other registration information) to SMSit. SMSit may use this information and any technical information about your use of the Services to tailor its presentations to you, facilitate your movement through the Services, or to communicate separately with you.
- SMSit will not use any of your subscriber lists or any other customer information for any other purposes than those related to the Services. Your customer information will not be shared with any other parties. In addition, SMSit will not use your customer information for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use the Services to distribute illegal contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, multi-level marketing campaigns, or any other prohibited material.
- You must not use the Services to send SMS campaigns that link to or display nudity, obscene content, gambling related content, pay day lender related content, pharmaceutical related content, illegal software, viruses, or to distribute any other content that we deem inappropriate.
- You must not use the Services for the sending of unsolicited SMS messages (sometimes called “spam”). See our Anti-Spam Policy (which forms part of this Agreement) for further information.
- All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
- The Services may contain materials produced by third parties or links to other websites. Such materials and websites are provided by third parties and are not under SMSit’s direct control and SMSit accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of any such third party materials or for the operation or content of other websites (whether or not linked to the Services). You acknowledge that SMSit is entitled to require you to remove any link from another website to the Services which you install without obtaining SMSit’s prior written consent.
3. Reselling and Subcontracting the Services
Reselling of the Services to third parties is permitted subject to the following conditions:
- Access to, and use of, the Services by a third party granted access by you ("Your Customer"):
- - does not in any way diminish your strict obligation to ensure compliance with the terms of this Agreement; and
- - does not in any way diminish SMSit’s right to enforce the terms of this Agreement, without liability to you or the Customer, including suspension or termination of access to the Service, whether or not it may have an adverse impact on Your Customer or the ability of Your Customer to use the Services.
- You must:
- enter into a binding contractual relationship with Your Customer on terms no less onerous than this Agreement including, without limitation, the SMSit Anti-Spam Policy;
- in the event that Your Customer transfers personal data from the European Economic Area direct to the Servers, ensure that the Data Transfer Clauses form part of your contractual relationship with Your Customer; and
- provide all customer relationship management, including first level support services in relation to the Services, to Your Customer.
- You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless, on an actual indemnity basis, SMSit, from and against all costs, expenses, losses and liabilities arising in any way (including under statute, the law of tort, equity or any other theory of law whatsoever) from or in relation to use of the Services by Your Customers and all other acts and omissions of Your Customers otherwise taking place on or in relation to the Services.
- SMSit does not charge an additional fee for use of the Service by Your Customers. SMSit will deduct its standard fee and remit to you the balance of all payments received from Your Customers within  Days of a payment request.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by contacting us or by sending written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence must include your first name, last name, and your SMSit username. No refunds will be issued if you terminate this Agreement unless your account is in credit and you terminating in accordance with clause 1.1.
- SMSit may terminate this Agreement or the Services at any time with or without cause, and with or without notice. SMSit shall have no liability to you or any third party because of such termination. If SMSit terminates this Agreement because you breached this Agreement or any applicable laws, no refund will be issued even if you have unused, prepaid amounts for Services under this Agreement.
- SMSit may delete any of your archived data within 30 days after the date of termination. Any statutory retention requirements with respect to your business correspondence remain your responsibility. All sections of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership, warranties, disclaimers and limitations of liability.
- To ensure our customer and account data is kept current and up to date, if you do not log in to your account or use The Services, for more than 14 months, your account will become inactive. INACTIVE ACCOUNTS HAVE 30 DAYS TO BECOME ACTIVE OR THE ACCOUNT AND ITS DATA, INCLUDING SUBSCRIBER SIGNUPS, WILL BE PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM SMSit’S DATABASE, AND ANY REMAINING PRE PAID CREDIT BALANCE WILL BE SURRENDERED.
5. Warranties, Disclaimer and Remedies
USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY RELIANCE BY YOU UPON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY ACTION TAKEN BY YOU BECAUSE OF SUCH USE OR RELIANCE, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SMSIT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES IT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW SMSIT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any failure or nonperformance of the Services shall be for SMSit to use commercially reasonable efforts to adjust or repair the Services, or where such adjustment or repair is not feasible, for SMSit to either (at its discretion) perform the Services again or provide you with a refund for the amount you actually paid to SMSit for the relevant Services.
6. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SMSit OR ANY OF ITS UNDERLYING SERVICE PROVIDERS, BUSINESS PARTNERS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, ACCOUNT PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION AS “SMSIT “) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, COVER, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, OR FAILURE TO REALISE ANTICIPATED SAVINGS OR BENEFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES), OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SMSIT’S EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE CLAIM IS IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR EQUITY AND EVEN IF SMSIT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
YOU AGREE THAT SMSIT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AT LAW WILL BE REDUCED BY THE EXTENT, IF ANY, TO WHICH YOU CONTRIBUTED TO THE LOSS.
IN THE EVENT THAT, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, SMSIT IS FOUND LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THE LIABILITY OF SMSIT TO YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO:
- IN THE CASE OF GOODS, THE REPLACEMENT OF THE GOODS OR THE SUPPLY OF EQUIVALENT GOODS, THE REPAIR OF THE GOODS, THE PAYMENT OF THE COST OF REPLACING THE GOODS OR OF ACQUIRING EQUIVALENT GOODS, OR THE PAYMENT OF THE COST OF HAVING THE GOODS REPAIRED; AND
- IN THE CASE OF SERVICES, THE SUPPLYING OF THE SERVICES AGAIN OR THE PAYMENT OF THE COST OF HAVING THE SERVICES SUPPLIED AGAIN OR REFUND OF FEES ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE SERVICES.
7. Export of Services or Technical Data
You may not remove or export from Australia or allow the export or re-export of the Services, or any direct product thereof, including technical data, in violation of any restrictions, laws, or regulations of Australia and all other applicable countries.
If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
SMSit and you agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications, and other understandings relating to the subject matter of the Agreement, and that all waivers and modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No delay or omission by either party in exercising any right or remedy under this Agreement or existing at law or equity shall be considered a waiver of such right or remedy.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of the Agreement, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind SMSit in any respect whatsoever.
In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its costs and attorneys’ fees.
The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of NSW Australia without regard to its choice or law or conflict of laws provisions. All legal actions in connection with the Agreement shall be brought in the state or federal courts located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (known as the Vienna Sales Convention 1980) is excluded from this Agreement.
9. System Requirements
It is understood that in order to use the Services, a modern browser such as Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3+, Safari 3+ or Google Chrome 9+ is required. Additionally, a stable connection to the Internet is required. The Services may work in a limited manner on other web browsers (such as earlier versions of the previously mentioned browsers), but the Services were not designed for use on web browsers other than those recommended above.
10. Compliance rules for sending SMS Messages (and your spam indemnity)
All SMSit customers must follow the rules of the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (and equivalent anti-spam legislation in all applicable countries) and SMSit’s Anti-Spam policy when sending SMS Messages through the Services. We require the following (among other things) of all SMS messages sent through the Services:
- - Any commercial SMS Messages must contain an opt-out mechanism that allows subscribers to remove themselves from your list. Each such mechanism must remain operational for a period of thirty (30) days after the date on which you send the message, and must be in form and substance satisfactory to SMSit. You acknowledge and agree that you will not remove, disable or attempt to remove or disable the mechanism.
- - All SMS Messages must contain the identity of the sender or the entity on whose behalf the SMS Message was sent, and a method of contact such as that entity’s web address or phone number.
- - Any commercial SMS Messages must state the reason the recipient is receiving the message. For example, “You are receiving this message from ABC Company because you signed up for our SMS list at www.abc.com.”
- - All SMS Messages must be compliant with any disclosure requirements that apply to the sender (e.g., some countries’ laws require that business letters, including SMS, contain further identification details as to the form of the organisation, the place of incorporation, the names of executives etc.)
These 4 guidelines will help ensure that SMSit maintains its reputation and white-listing status with a number of major global telco's. If at any time your campaign is flagged as spam by a recipient, SMSit reserves the right to cancel your account without notice. For further information in relation to spam, please read our Anti-Spam Policy (which forms part of this Agreement, including your spam indemnity).
11. SMS and Permission Practices
Please see our Anti-Spam Policy for further information.
- You agree to import, access or otherwise use only permission-based lists (note: purchased lists may not be used; please contact SMSit if you have questions).
- You are responsible for monitoring, correcting, processing unsubscribe requests within 5 days, and updating the mobile numbers to which messages are sent through your SMSit account.
- SMS Messages that you send through the Services may generate abuse complaints from recipients. You are responsible for ensuring that your SMS campaigns do not generate a number of abuse complaints in excess of industry norms. SMSit, in its sole discretion, shall determine whether your level of abuse complaints is within industry norms, and its determination shall be final, binding and conclusive for all purposes under this Agreement.
- SMSit, at its own discretion, may immediately disable your access to the Services without refund if SMSit believes in its sole discretion that you have violated any of the SMS and permission practices listed above, or our Anti-Spam Policy.
12. Use of the Services
You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of our website or the Services. You will not hack into the website, SMSit’s computer systems or the computer systems of other users of the Services. Hacking means unauthorised access, malicious damage and/or interference and includes, without limitation, mail bombing, propagating viruses, worms or other types of malicious programs, deliberate attempts to overload a computer system, broadcast attacks or any other method designed to damage or interfere with the operation of a computer system or website.
13. Website and Services availability
From time to time down-time, either scheduled or unscheduled, may occur. SMSit will work within reason to ensure this amount of down-time is limited. SMSit will not be held liable for the consequences of any down-time.
SMSit cannot guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via the Services is free from viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You assume all risk of use of all programs and files associated with the Services, and you release SMSit entirely of all responsibility for any consequences of its use.
14. Force Majeure
SMSit will not be liable by reason of the failure in the performance of obligations under this Agreement by reason of strikes, riots, fire, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental action, or any other cause which is beyond SMSit’s reasonable control.
If you have any questions about our Terms of service, please contact email@example.com